At VFP Consulting, we believe in hiring great people, not just great resumés. We create value for our clients through exceptional consulting: providing knowledgeable recommendations, identifying and mitigating risk, and challenging the status quo.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT AT VFP
You’ve got an extraordinary opportunity to join a small, successful and ambitious company on the rise, and to help shape our future. Perhaps you’ve thrived in this kind of environment before, or maybe you’re with a larger firm and looking for a change of scenery. We’re offering a chance to directly influence the evolution of our business with your talent, take your career to the next level, and have fun doing it.
WHAT THE ROLE LOOKS LIKE
As a Technical / Solution Architect, you’ll work with our internal teams, clients, and technical partners to scope, design and execute the technical aspects of our projects which will include participation in the pre-sales effort. You’ll build the “bridge” between functional requirements and the technical resources. As a client facing consultant, you will help our consultants design and construct a complete end-to-end solution for our clients. This includes, but is not limited to, third party application integration, custom development, and/or data migrations. From initial concept and implementation best practices through iterative testing and sign off, we’ll be counting on you to be the technical hub across several client’s environments at any given time.
Our clients are located throughout the U.S. and many have global offices. At VFP, you’ll get to work remotely from anywhere in the continental U.S. and travel to client locations as required. On average you should expect to travel up to 30% of the time to support several concurrent sales opportunities and projects.
- Solution Design
- Assist with pre-sales process to ensure any technical needs are identified and scoped accordingly
- Understand best practices and estimation methods for customizations to drive scoping
- Review and advise on implementation tactics in complex Salesforce orgs
- Recommend best practice configuration/development processes
- Assist implementation team with technical possibilities, guidance, and decisions
- Design/Develop custom code and queries using APIs, APEX, LWCs, VisualForce, SOQL, XML, etc.
- Deployment of Salesforce configurations, developments, and managed/unmanaged packages
- Designing and develop components with strong Object Oriented Architecture methods
- Data Migration strategies and use of tools such as Data Loader, Informatica, Jitterbit, etc.
- Author technical architectural documentation and diagrams to offer visualization of data models
- Augment functional documentation with technical aspects to support end-to-end solution design
- Present visualizations for various audiences including engineers, consultants, executives
- Project Leadership
- Define system landscape to identify gaps between current and desired end-states
- Lead technical requirement conversations during Business Process Reviews (BPRs) with clients
- Lead Data migration and integration discussions with client and VFP joint-teams
- Fully accountable for the satisfaction of customers
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Platform Experience
- 5+ years Salesforce end-to-end implementation support for medium/large sized companies
- At least 1 year of experience with FinancialForce PSA and FFA required
- Certified Admin OR Developer I required; Additional certifications preferred
- Ability to maintain and grow list of SF or FF certifications by at least one per year
- FinancialForce Revenue Management and/or Billing Central experience preferred.
- Tools & Integrations
- Experience with different IDE environments such as Force.com IDE, VS Code, or similar tools
- Application integration experience with Oracle, SAP, Concur, Netsuite, or Jira
- Experience configuring or developing data tools such as Data Loader, Informatica, Jitterbit, etc.
- Various integration types and scheduling such as real time/asynchronous, batch, or canvas
- Consulting/Project Management Experience
- 2+ years of experience working in a professional consulting organization
- Proven technical acumen to translate business requirements into functional design
- Technical Project management via Agile development and/or Scrum team experience preferred
- Business Acumen
- Post-secondary education (or equiv. experience) in computer science or business management
- Any financial, accounting, or tax application experience is highly preferred
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think critically about solving business problems
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation and client management
WHAT WE OFFER
- Generous compensation package, including bonus plan, benefits and perks
- Work remotely from home with travel as needed
- Flexible schedule, and high autonomy to manage your workload
- Extraordinary teammates who are accountable, love what they do, and support one another
- Leaders who support your growth and stand behind you
- Challenging work, and the chance to learn something new each day
- Support for achieving Salesforce certifications, as well as continuing education outside of work
- Team meetups throughout the year, and our annual Partner’s Club trip for our top performers
- A culture that knows how to unwind and celebrate success
We’re looking for smart people with great attitudes and experience to join our highly regarded firm and further their career in the Salesforce ecosystem. If you’re interested in learning more, we’d love to talk to you.