At VFP Consulting, we believe in hiring great people, not just great resumés. We create value for our clients through exceptional service: providing knowledgeable recommendations, identifying and mitigating risk, and challenging the status quo.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT AT VFP
You’ve got an extraordinary opportunity to join a small, successful and ambitious company on the rise, and to help shape our future. Perhaps you’ve thrived in this kind of environment before, or maybe you’re with a larger firm and looking for a change of scenery. We’re offering a chance to directly influence the evolution of our business with your talent, take your career to the next level, and have fun doing it.
WHAT THE ROLE LOOKS LIKE
As an Engagement Manager working directly with customers, you’re an advisor building strong and trusted relationships. You’ll deliver end-to-end consulting services using FinancialForce PSA to support our customers’ business needs. Typical projects involve requirement gathering workshops, documentation, data migration, system configuration, testing, integration, training and project management. You’ll have a chance to own it all.
Our customers are located throughout the U.S. and many have global offices. At VFP, you’ll get to work remotely from anywhere in the continental U.S. and travel to customer locations as required. On average you should expect to travel 30% of the time to support projects.
- Get involved from the start using sound project management methodology to plan engagements through deployment
- Add value to our customers through solid business requirement workshops
- Guide our customers on recommended business practices for professional services organizations
- Assist the project teams in configuring FinancialForce per the customer’s requirements
- Guide customers through user acceptance testing, using creative thinking to tackle unforeseen business problems
- Own all change order and scope change requests from start to finish with both the internal VFP teams as well as the customer executive leadership team
- Manage projects, including standard project management duties such as reporting, in addition to being the face of VFP to the customer during the engagement
- Develop mitigation and remediation strategies to manage risks and issues
- Be fully accountable for the satisfaction of customers
- Manage large, diverse and geographically dispersed project teams
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- 6+ years of experience working in a professional consulting organization, implementing CRM, SFA, ERP and/or PSA applications, ideally in a SaaS environment
- Management experience in a professional services environment is highly preferred
- Experience with Salesforce and/or FinancialForce is highly desirable, and Salesforce certifications are a definite asset
- Post-secondary education in computer science, business administration, or equivalent experience
- Project management training and experience is essential, and PMP certification is a plus
- Proven technical acumen and the desire to continue learning new technology is a must in order to earn the trust of our customers and to competently articulate solutions
- Demonstrated ability to think critically to solve business problems
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation and customer management
WHAT WE OFFER
- Generous compensation package, including bonus plan, benefits and perks
- Work remotely from home anywhere in the continental US and travel as needed
- Flexible schedule, and high autonomy to manage your workload
- Extraordinary teammates who are accountable, love what they do and support one another
- Leaders who support your growth and stand behind you
- Challenging work, and the chance to learn something new each day
- Support for achieving Salesforce certifications, as well as continuing education outside of work
- Team meetups throughout the year, and our annual Partner’s Club trip for our top performers
- A culture that knows how to unwind and celebrate success
We’re looking for smart people with great attitudes and experience to join our highly regarded firm and further their career in the Salesforce ecosystem. If you’re interested in learning more, we’d love to talk to you.